When applying for a rental you must show 100 Points of ID

Below is an example of documents you can use to add up to 100 points of ID 

Please note it is recommended:

- Certified copies only of documents should be provided to satisfy the 100 point check. Or originals sited.

- Identification must be current and should include at least one type of photographic ID and a signature and date of birth.

- The point score of the documents produced must total at least 100 points.

Primary documents 70 POINTS

  • Birth Certificate
  • Birth card issued by the NSW Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages
  • Citizenship Certificate
  • Current Australia Passport
  • Expired Australian Passport which has not been cancelled and was current within the preceding two years
  • Current passport from another country or diplomatic documents

Secondary documents 25-40 POINTS

(must have a photograph and a name) The first item from this list is worth 40 points. Any additional items used are worth only 25 points each)

  • Current driver photo licence issued by an Australia state of territory
  • Identification card issued to a public employee
  • Identification card issued by the Australian or any state government as evidence of a person’s entitlement to a financial benefit
  • Identification care issued to a student at a tertiary education institution

Additional Documents 35 POINTS

(must have name and address) Document held by a cash dealer giving security over property

  • A mortgage or other instrument of security held by a financial body
  • Council rates notice
  • Document from current employer or previous employer within the last two years
  • Land Titles Office record
  • Document form the Credit Reference Association of Australia

Other Documents  25 POINTS

(must have name)

  • Current credit card of account card from a bank, building society or credit union
  • Current telephone, water, gas or electricity bill
  • Foreign driver’s licence
  • Medicare card
  • Electoral roll compiled by the Australian electoral Commission
  • Lease / rent agreement
  • Current rent receipt from a licensed real estate agent
  • Records of a primary, secondary or tertiary education institution attended by the
  • applicant within the last 10 years
  • Records of a professional or trade association of which the applicant is a member